This blog is no longer utilized - however I keep it up so that I can share with others what I have done within this social media course.

This was my first time teaching this course.

To see the current social media class that I am teaching please visit.

Blogs

Today students were introduced to Blogs.  We held a class discussion on what blogging is all about.  Who blogs?  Why do people blog?--to share "news".  Blogs can consist of words, pictures and videos.  Blogs can be personal diaries, portfolios, an expert sharing information to someone sharing a vacation experience.  The possibilities are endless.  We watched a blog video from YouTube - creative commons - Blogs in Plain English.  Students created a blog utilizing Google's Blogger.  Student's customized their blogs - backgrounds and colors.  Students also created their first post - "How am I currently using Social Media - or web tools?