This blog is no longer utilized - however I keep it up so that I can share with others what I have done within this social media course.

This was my first time teaching this course.

To see the current social media class that I am teaching please visit.

Google Talk

Make a telephone call right from  your computer with Google Talk!
I LOVE GOOGLE TALK - I can sit right at my desk and make a phone call! I no longer have to worry about not being able to make a long distance phone call while at work.  Yes of course I could use my cell phone (as my husband keeps reminding me), but what is the fun in that! Students had fun calling their parents - however, this application IS NOT downloaded on the students' computers - otherwise there could be major issues with students calling everyone - as you could imagine.

Google talk is an online application allowing users to communicate through voice calls as well as instant message receipts. Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) is the convention allowing transmission of voice through the internet. Google Talk connects people all around the world and this is a free application. 

Click on the telephone icon on your gmail account.  This touchpad will apppear.  Just dial the number and it will ring.  Have fun!



Text chat

  • Instant messages: share quick thoughts in real time
  • Status updates: see if friends are around and what they are up to
  • File transfer: instantly send and receive files, pictures, and more

Voice chat

  • Free long distance: make PC-to-PC calls to people anywhere in the world
  • Audio conferencing: talk to multiple people at once
  • Gmail integration: chat with your friends on Gmail
Download Google Talk - Click Here